The New England FOOLS Proudly Present the Return of Spring Training
“Celebrating Tradition Over Trends…”
Saturday May 2nd at Kennebunk Fire/Rescue, 80 Thompson Rd Kennebunk
Sunday May 3rd at the Seacoast Fire Training Site, Captain Thomas Rd Ogunquit
Registration begins at 0700
$165 non-FOOLS members; $150 FOOLS members
After a 5 year hiatus, the New England FOOLS have brought back their wildly popular and successful Spring Training Hands-on training event.
- The 2 ½” Hose Line- The most underutilized but important attack line on the rig is the 2 ½” attack line. In this evolution, Personnel will be shown the best and most practical ways to deploy and operate 2 ½” hose lines for interior fire attack and defensive operations.
- Stretching and Operating the 1 ¾” pre-connect- Personnel practice deploying and operating the 1 ¾” handline throughout a structure including advancing to upper floors. Special consideration will be shown to getting the line off the rig and to the structure entrance. The advantages and disadvantages of this line will be discussed in depth.
- Forcible Entry – For this evolution, personnel will be instructed on forcible entry operations. Members will practice forcing inward and outward swinging doors and also be challenged by non-traditional locking devices.
- Forcible Entry: Rotary Saw Operations- Personnel will review rotary saw usage and care and will then practice saw operations on garage door cutting along with cutting multiple other locking and security devices.
- Roof Ventilation- Personnel will be instructed on and practice completing roof ventilation operations on peaked and flat roofs.
- Power Saw Use and Station Maintenance- Presented by Cutters Edge. This addresses the Hands-on Operation, Care and Station Maintenance of the Fire-Rescue Saw. Weekly and after use maintenance procedures will be demonstrated and discussed. In-house evaluation included. Power saw safety will be stressed.
- Engine Co Fire Attack
- Engine Co Back-Up Line
- Truck Co. Forcible Entry
- Truck Co. Roof Ops
- Truck Co. Rotary Saws F/E
Downloadable Flier Here: Spring Training Flier 2015
Downloadable Application Here: Spring Training 2015 Application